wedding tips check list
Here is a helpful list that will make planning your special day go more smoothly. Let Elite reduce your stress by helping you accomplish the tasks on this list.
10-12 months away
- Establish your budget by prioritizing desired items.
- Look for theme ideas, (*psst* Pinterest is a great tool!)
- Put together your preliminary guest list.
- Choose your wedding party.
- Scope out a venu and reserve your date. Research getting insurance & the type of questions you should be asking.
- Starting looking for that perfect dress and accessories.
- Consider hiring a wedding planner/coordinator to avoid stress.
- Begin hiring your day of team: caterer, photographer, officiant.
- If you need another way to relax start dreaming up your honeymoon.
- Send out your save the date! This can be sending out cards, emails and/or creating a wedding website.
6-9 months away
- Decide on floral arrangements that go with your theme.
- Go to tastings to choose your perfect wedding cake.
- Decide what sort of music/entertainment you want.
- Create / order your final wedding invitations.
- Set up your gift registry - update this on your wedding website.
- Arrange any necessary lodging and/or transportation.
- Shop for bridesmaid and flower girl dresses
- Go over bridal shower, bachelorette, bachelor, stag/doe details.
3-5 months away
- Book rehearsal / rehearsal dinner locations.
- Order or make wedding favours for your guests.
- Solidify the guest list and create your seating chart.
- Work on finalizing ceremony readings and vows.
- Finalize the bar, menu, and catering details.
- Establish a firm timeline for reception formalities.
- Do a makeup & hair trial and book your stylists.
- Establish your own fitness/beauty routine leading up to the day.
- Finalize honeymoon plans (including visas and passports)
- Shop for and purchase your wedding rings
6-8 weeks away
- Mail out your wedding invitations.
- Touch base with vendors to confirm deposits & details.
- Researching marriage licence requirements.
- Begin your dress fittings (*psst* remember appropriate underwear!)
- Consider taking dance lessons to have that perfect first dance.
- Write thank-you cards for shower gifts and early wedding presents.
3-5 weeks away
- Send out rehearsal dinner invitations or e-vite.
- Obtain marriage license and name-change documents.
- Pick up your wedding rings!
- Get any necessary items for personal wedding traditions.
- Buy or make gifts for your wedding party.
- Have your final dress fitting, (bring shoes and accessories).
- Chase down anyone who hasn't RSVP'd yet.
- Finalize and confirm vows, vendors, entertainment & timeline.
1-2 weeks away
- Give your caterer and venu the final guest count.
- Finalize your seating chart and make place cards.
- Pick up your gown!
- Confirm arrival times and finalize the wedding timeline.
- Put together your own Bridal Emergency Kit.
- Check the weather, (have a backup if outdoors).
the day after
- Make sure everything you need is laid out.
- Figure out tips and payment for vendors.
- Plan clean up after the reception.
- Have a spa day with your bridesmaids, and get your nails done!
- Attend the rehearsal dinner.
- Get plenty of rest, tomorrow will go by in the blur!
the day of
- Allow for plenty of time to get ready.
- Make your rounds, thank guests for coming.
- If something goes wrong - don't panic!
- Take time to enjoy the day with your new spouse.